I love ABC projects (anything but a card!) and wanted to try something "new" (for me at least!). So, I decided to do "stamping on soap"!
You don't really stamp on soap, much like candle projects, you stamp on tissue paper and then stick it to the soap. Here are a few things I've learned, along the way:
1) If your soap has a deeply embossed/impressed logo - take your vegetable peeler and just peel that away, give yourself a smooth canvas!
2) You can use all sorts of stuff to stamp and color with ... everything from stazon to coloring with colored pencils. You want to make sure the ink won't run when you're adhering to the soap.
3) I used modge podge, but I think you can use crystal effects, or just even lightly wet the surface of the soap with water and stick your stamped design on it.
4) If you have clear "melt and pour" soap (available at craft stores) you can set your design by dipping it in the clear melted soap. I've also seen some folks use parafin to set the image in, or just seal it in with your favorite sealer OR crystal effects. Depends on you ... and how permanent you want it to be. If its just for display, don't worry about it!
5) This is a great way to use up those little "hotel" brand soaps you've collected on your trips!
This one is a "hotel" soap, a little square with ginger fragrance! I stamped from my beloved "Roses in Winter" set. I then adhered with modge podge and sprinkled a little glitter on it.